12 November 2020

City building: aspects of Sholtipec

Building the centre-piece city of my last campaign, I tried to spend time prepping the toolkit instead of creating specific detail; for instance in the first post on the city we saw what the population make up was. Now we will look at building generation tools.

A lot of this was seeded by the Infinigrad suburb generation tools on Lizardman Diaries but I felt I needed to cook up a few more specific tables to help specific more closely what I wanted.

For background the city, Sholtipec, is old; first growing up around the Great Library, then becoming a bastion of the Lizards Empire after they crushed the Gray invasion force nearby. Buildings and populations reflect all those epochs through to the current long, slow depopulation and retrenchment. So while the generalised chaos and atmosphere of the city can use the Infinigrad generators, beneath that I wanted an original epoch of the building.

So a given building in the city would roll a d10:
d10EpochBuilding Aspect
1AncientEldritch carvings, non-euclidian spaces, illithid-inspired
2ElderStilted, tree-dwellings, organically grown, magically mutated
3-4High LizardFortifications, neuva-aztec; insulated buildings
5-7Dragon EraMulti-racial build-outs; different sizes; big dragon-sized
8-10Late Repurposed buildings



This would give me a start point for who built the building, replacing the 'raceoid' originators from Infinigrad and then allowing me to use the rest of those generators more or less as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment