10 June 2025

Shiny TTRPG links #228

The shiniest of TTRPG links from around the web - a day delayed by bank holiday driven loss of routine. For more, see the previous list found here or on the weekly r/OSR blogroll or check the RPG Blog Carnival. Originally inspired by weaver.skepti.ch End of Week links.

Advantage on Arcana launches Junes RPG Blog Carnival topic: Magic Shops and Their Alternatives

DIY & dragons proposes A Second Summer LEGO RPG Jam!

A Knight at the Opera gives us EVERY Initiative Method, Addendum

Rudus Writings writes Old-school, Left Coast Gaming

Blog of Forlorn Encystment declares Your High-Level NPCs Should Ride Dragons

Cavegirl's Game Stuff shares Deep Space & Derelicts: Basic/Xenotech version, an idea for a game

The Frickerverse asks X-Card: Is it Safe?

Eldritch Fields gives us Rules for pulpy barbaric solo/CYOA games

Trollish Delver shares Refining YAG D&D

Fallen Constellation gives us Incentivizing Death

From the Sorcerer's Skull writes Magic Systems I Like: The Riddle-Master series

Playthings of Mad Gods gives us Tables of People's Reaction to Party's Deeds

Chaoclypse’s Substack shares Thematic Locations for Solo Play

The Broken Lances writes Carousing and Cavorting

Shadows of NyOrlandhotep gives us Reaching across the table: RPGs and hope

bardicchef shares d100 carousing table: The Waves

Planets & Monsters gives us Knucklebones and the origin of system matters

Jonathan Perez asks How do you do an effective “beach episode” in a tabletop role playing game?

A. A. Voigt writes Beach Episode is Not a Cozy Game

3 comments:

  1. You've got me (*Advantage on Arcana*) on there twice for the same post, fyi. Not that I mind the extra promotion, of course, but I can't imagine it's what you intended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you - have tidied that up. And written my own carnival entry now too!

      Delete
    2. I saw it! Thanks for contributing; you wrote exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

      Delete