07 January 2026

Nominations for the Bloggies 2026

Clayton at Explorers Design hosts The Bloggies - a yearly celebration of blogging in tabletop roleplaying games. Below are my nominations for the categories they gave.

Image by Clayton


Theory Category. Thinking about systems, settings, and more.

Idraluna Archives gives us Notebook Kayfabe

Pithy, but a keen insight into how to preserve suspension of disbelief even when blind-sided by players.

Gameable Category. Ready-to-use rules, monsters, and more.

A Beholder for your Setting - Lantern Heads by Garamondia

I repeat what I said for the GLoGgies - so good it kicked off a bandwagon, plus a genius monster that has massive potential to make fascinating campaigns and feel eerie but manageable once you figure out their schtick.

Advice Category. Advice for play, prep, publishing, and more.

Weird Writer's Prep Bandwagon

I rounded up some of the responses on Shiny links #229 and #230 and I know I missed many others - a huge response from the blogosphere with lots and lots of great advice so I think Weird Writer deserves a gong for perfectly timing the zeigeist and drawing forth so much useful blogging.

Strong runner-up for me was Brian Yaksha of Goatman's Goblet's hexfill methodology, only posted as a bluesky thread alas. I got a good few gaming sessions and multiple blogposts from this solid, actionable advice for 'regional' hexcrawling.

Critique Category. Critical analysis of books, games, and more.

Elmcats colossal work

I had a glimpse behind the curtain at the blood, sweat and bits that went into this - Elmcat put an unbelievable amount of work into coding this up and hunting down all the legacy blog-feeds of the distant past. Incredible work that helps us put fact-based answers to some bitter arguments and best of all - provides a one-stop shop to explore the greatest legacy hits of the OSR and find new bloggers you would never have stumbled on otherwise.

Best Debut Blog. Recognition for newcomers that make a splash.

Sages Sanctum

Early doors yet but Sage just started blogging and cranked out methodology bangers, lots of great ideas - mentions in the Glatisant & MT Black's newsletter already. I am watching eagerly to see what they come up with next.

Best Series.

Rise Up Comus + Warren D - Designing Dungeons Course

A huge work, a most generous gift of their time to the cause. Deserving of serious recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment